The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies announces the start of receiving applications for admission for the academic year 2021-2022. The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies offers a number of scholarships annually to attract academically qualified students from inside and outside the State of Qatar. The basis of material need.
Details of the scholarship:
- Host country: Qatar
- The University: Doha Institute for Graduate Studies
- Financial financing: fully funded
- Deadline: February 15, 2021
Doha Institute for Graduate Studies (DI) has announced the opening of admissions for the academic year 2021-2022.
The Dean of Student Affairs, Dr Ibrahim Freihat has invited all students wishing to apply for graduate studies and have met the minimum requirements for admission to complete the electronic application on DI’s official website which starts today, 26 October 2020 until 15 February 2021.
Dr Ibrahim stated that the admission criteria for the various majors are subject to the admission rules and conditions shown on the website, aiming to attract distinguished academic and research students, familiar with both Arabic and English.
Noting that the Doha Institute awards Master Degrees in the following programs at the School of Social Sciences and Humanities, (Comparative Literature, Media and Culture Studies, History, Journalism, Politics and International Relations, Philosophy, Linguistics and Arabic Lexicography, Sociology and Anthropology, conflict Management and Humanitarian Action, Critical Security Studies, Psychology, Social Work and Human Rights).
The School of Public Administration and Development Economics offers Master’s in Public Administration, Public Policy, Development Economics and Executive Master of Public Administration.
The advantages offered by the scholarship:
- 100% tuition fee coverage
- A monthly financial stipend
- Individual housing, and coverage of living supplies.
- Air ticket to and from the country of the student.
- Sports and life facilities
- Governmental health insurance
- A distinctive research environment
Specializations covered by the scholarship:
(First) College of Social and Human Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Linguistics and Arabic Lexicography
- Comparative Literature (Arabic-Western)
- Media and Cultural Studies
- the press
- human rights
(Second) College of Public Administration and Development Economics
- Public Administration
- General policies
- Development economics
(Third) Faculty of Psychology and Social Work
- social work
- Psychology (clinical and social)
Fourth) Conflict Management and Humanitarian Action “The First in the Arab World”
(Fifthly) Critical Security Studies “The First in the Middle East”
Terms and Conditions
1) No student may combine the scholarships of the Institute with any other scholarship whatever the source thereof.
2) Only students who have a good academic standing continue to benefit from the Institute’s scholarships. The Institute may, In accordance with its procedures withdraw scholarships from students who violate this requirement.
3) The scholarships offered by the Institute shall not benefit the students enrolled in the Executive Masters or Diploma programs or specialized certificates.
4) Scholarships offered by the Institute shall not benefit students who have previously benefited from the same scholarship in a previous period of study in any of the programs of the Institute, whether or not they are awarded a degree.
How to Apply for a scholarship
All admitted students can apply for a scholarship through the scholarship application form. The Admissions Office sends the application form to all eligible students. Students are given the opportunity to submit the application with all official and required documents.
1) Tamim Scholarship
These scholarships based on merit and academic excellence. It is dedicated to the most distinguished Qatari and international students in the Arab world. Scholarship include full tuition fees coverage, International students from outside Qatar will benefit from having free accommodation in institute dormitories, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and two travel tickets from and to home country upon arrival and after graduation.
2) Sanad Scholarship
These scholarship based on financial needs of students. It is dedicated to Qatari, Residents in Qatar and international students. Scholarship include covering a program’s fees (10 to 100 %). International students from outside Qatar will benefit from having their full tuition fees covered, in addition to free accommodation in institute dormitories, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and two travel tickets from and to home country upon arrival and after graduation.
Application for admission will be available on October 26, 2020 to February 15, 2021. all admission applications must be submitted online.
Please read the following instructions carefully:
1. Create an application on the DI admission portal.
2. Applicants can submit one application only. duplicate applications will be disregarded.
3. Applicants can save their application progress and apply in several sessions.
4. Applicants are required to upload all application materials via the online portal.
5. Applicants can request references online via the online application system.
6. Referees receive the reference request automatically and can fill out the reference forms online.
7. Applicants can check the status of their references online and can remind a referee or create a new reference request even after submission of the application.
The application attachments are as follows:
– Identification document: Qatari ID for citizens and residents of Qatar.
– Undergraduate transcripts. Senior year students should submit all their obtained transcripts to date.
– Graduation certificate or diploma for graduates.
– Resume (CV).
– TOEFL or IELTS results or official statement stating that the degree was taught in English as a main language of instruction.
– Personal Statement.
– Academic Essay (for applicants to the School of Social Sciences and Humanities).
* Please deactivate the pop-up blocker if needed in your browser.
For more information, please visit the admissions requirements page or contact the admissions office.